top of page
Despite having the talent to make it in the beauty industry, beauty professionals leave cosmetology school unsure where to begin and unprepared for the business end of these jobs…which can make or break their career. That’s where two-time Emmy Award-winning celebrity hairstylist, successful beauty expert, and self-made entrepreneur Kiyah Wright comes in.
SCHOOL'S OVER, NOW WHAT?
• Who am I?
• Why do you need this class?
• Finding your niche
• Where do you want to work?
• How to turn your hobby into a career?
• Who is Your Client?
• Define Your Goals
• Where do you see yourself in the next 3-5 years
• What are you looking to become?
• Define your niche:
-What are you best at?
-What do you want to be best at?
• Understanding Customer Service
• Find a Mentor
MASTERING THE SHAMPOO BOWL
-HAIR TEXTURE KNOWLEDGE
• Consultation is first
• Understanding Textures and Products
• Styling & Blow Drying
• Explain difference in hair textures
• Understanding products and hair textures
• Understand what shampoos work best on what hair
• Get to know your customers’ needs first
• Choosing the right styling tools
HOW TO GET INTO THE LOCAL UNION FOR TELEVISION AND FILM
• What does it take to become part of the Television and Film Union?
• How to be part of the Union?
• Benefits of being part of the union
• What is the Union?
• Finding your Local Union
• Benefits of being in the union
• How to get a star request
bottom of page